Care & Instructions
Teomati Sacred Copal incense sticks are handcrafted, long-lasting, and made out of copal resin. This means that each stick can last around five times more than a regular incense stick. See below for advice on best practices of copal use and care.
We extend our sincere gratitude to you for being part of the Teomati family!
Burning & Care Instructions
- Using either matches or a lighter, light the stick until the tip catches flames.
- Let the tip flame for about 5 seconds then blow it off.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 two or three times.
- Let the stick burn all at once or in stages.
- Be very careful of burning copal resin.
- Make sure ashes fall in a proper receptacle (incense holder, shell, etc.).
- Our incense sticks do not have an expiration date.
- Keep in a dry place away from children.
- Do not leave Teomati sticks unattended while burning.
- Set an intention and create a special moment when burning Teomati
- Use to cleanse a space for your contemplative practice
- Let Teomati be of help in your self-care journey
- Develop a more conscious relation with copal and its gifts
Care for the Earth
- Recycle the shell
- Compost the wrapping
- Offer your gratitude
Our sticks are *not* artificially scented, they are lovingly handcrafted using:
- Copal resin
- Alcohol (binder)